Pages on this Site

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Week that Was Websites - 2nd to 7th March 2015



This week I didn’t do much in the way of writing, as I mostly focused on updating a couple of the websites I run supporting my favourite roleplaying games. Back in September 2015, almost all of my Wordpress (this is the name of the Content Management System I use) sites were hit with malware, which took quite a bit of effort to recover from. As part of this I noted a couple of my more venerable themes (think style templates) were starting to get outdated (both in look and feel, as well as their core code). Life, time and laziness delayed this until last week when I wanted to make a post on one of the pages, at which point my desire to update the site kicked in. For convenience (i.e. because I’m into simple), I decided to utilise the same theme for one of the other sites that needed updating, but as per usual I can never leave good enough alone, and was soon tweaking the code and settings in my vain attempts to create the ‘perfect’ design. Of course, with any new Wordpress theme, the size and type of images on the site needed review as well, and this probably took most of my effort over the past week. So as a summary:
  • I updated both my www.stormbringerrpg.com website, as well as the www.unboundbook.org one. There’s no new content on these sites, but they look much nicer!
  • I did get an evening one of my Sundered Skies adventures as well, and as such A Heir to the Throne is almost ready to pop up on my Sundered Skies blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment